As a responsible house owner, you should know when to repaint your composite siding and when to replace it. These two options are appropriate but you still need to look at the reasons for composite siding painting vs replacement. The decision completely relies on the condition of your siding.
Painting Composite Siding
Painting is a very appropriate measure that aims at improving the appealing look of the siding making it look new. However, painting composite siding has its own advantages and disadvantages some of which we shall discuss.
Advantages of Painting Composite Siding
- Painting is an easy way to give your home a fresh look without spending a lot of money doing it. Painting your old siding could cost almost half the money you would have spent on replacing it.
- With painting, you can use a variety of customized colors on your siding with no limits. While painting your siding , it is very important to note that the color of your paint should be lighter than the current one. This is to prevent damaging of your siding.
Disadvantages of Painting
- Although painting turns out to be cheaper, you should also be aware that cheap is expensive. In the long run, you may end up spending a lot on painting your siding every now and again. Its quality will also reduce with time and that means that painting is just but a short term solution.
- Painting also takes a lot of time compared to the installation of new siding panels that are pre-painted.
- The precautions for painting are also very strict and in case you ignore any, you may end up putting to waste your paint and money. Such precautions include; avoid painting dirty or damaged panels and avoid painting in a shed for the paint not to dry fast.
Replacing Composite Siding
First of all, before you replace your old siding, you should ensure that you go for a high quality brand. One brand of composite siding which has been very outstanding is Everlast composite siding brand. This siding has the color quality, performance and longevity that any homeowner would desire.
Advantages of Composite Siding Replacement
- Replacing your old siding is a long term solution and there will be no need of replacing your siding any soon. It guarantees added quality to the performance of your siding.
- It also helps you to save on the expenses you would have spent on repainting your old siding over and over again as well as the maintenance of your siding.
- Replacing composite siding is also time effective since it is pre-painted and will not require much of your time to install. It is only a matter of installing the panels.
- The replacement cost is somehow expensive compared to the cost of repainting old siding.
With all these in mind, it would be easy for you to make a decision between composite siding painting vs replacement. You will be able to make your decision on which one to prefer over the other.