Sherwood Lumber is proud to announce that it has made 5 strategic promotions to its Finance and Operations teams. The family owned and operated organization which employs it’s second and third generation is excited to kick-off 2020 and its 65th anniversary with executive and management level strategic promotions. “Our People are our lifeline and I couldn’t be more proud that Sherwood is able to provide both growth opportunity and career progression for the 5 deserving recipients”, said Andy Goodman, President and CEO of Sherwood Lumber. The promotions are as follows:
- Brian Nunes, Director of Operations, has been promoted to Vice President of Operations and Logistics; Brian Nunes has been with Sherwood Lumber for 8 years. In his new role, Nunes has been entrusted to create more efficient service and building a unified logistics team to help leverage Sherwood Lumber’s strengths to help meet our highest potential.
- Cameron Peterson, Controller, has been named as the company’s Director of Finance; Cameron Peterson has been with Sherwood for 8 years. In his new role, Peterson will now oversee all financial administrative functions for the long-term growth of the business.
- Carlos Medina, Operations Lead has been promoted to Yard Foreman; Carlos Medina has been with Sherwood Lumber for 3 year. In his new role, Medina will now be the lead with day to day production activities at Sherwood’s Prime Lumber Distribution Center located in Palmer, MA.
- Marra Prater, Operations Admin has been promoted to Operations Lead; Marra Prater has been with Sherwood Lumber for 8 years. In her new role, Prater will assist in day to day production activities with responsibility for site physical inventory functions at Sherwood’s Prime Lumber Distribution Center located in Palmer, MA.
- Norm Leger, Mechanic has been promoted to Facilities and Maintenance Foreman; Norm Leger has been with Sherwood Lumber for 5 years. In his new role, Leger is tasked with all repair and maintenance activities at Sherwood’s Prime Lumber Distribution Center located in Palmer, MA.
Sherwood Lumber is proud of each individual to take on new and expanded roles/responsibilities at Sherwood Lumber and lay the path for their career growth. “All individuals exude the right attitude and teamwork that ultimately builds into exceptional performance. They are the first to defend and promote our Core Values, they have been key components in building structure and process to achieve our Mission to be impeccable in everything that we do, and they are helping us forge the path to achieve our Vision”, said Kyle Little, Sherwood Lumber’s Chief Operating Officer.
About Sherwood Lumber: Sherwood Lumber founded in 1954, is a family-owned, national wholesale distribution company, specialized in lumber, plywood and building materials. Sherwood’s 3 Pillars include Distribution, Risk Management and Brokerage. The company is headquartered in Melville, NY, with over 85 employees operating across the country. Sherwood Lumber is recognized as a leader in the lumber and building material wholesale industry. Today, Sherwood Lumber operates 8+ strategically placed distribution locations servicing over 3,000 drop points in targeted regions throughout the country. What has been Sherwood’s secret to success? A plan so simple that it’s understood by all Sherwood Associates: We’ll Be There with impeccable customer, vendor, and associate experience. Sherwood Lumber is founded on family values, motivated by a history of success and drive to provide world class service while cultivating our business alongside our people and partners. We’ll Be There!