Generally, composite sidings are well made and their effectiveness and durability make them everyone’s preference. They are cost-effective, maintenance-free, long-lasting, and resistant to damage. Regardless of the outstanding features, cleaning your siding from time to time will guarantee added effectiveness. This article gives you a guideline on how to clean composite siding as well as the important reasons why you need to do so.
Reasons To Clean Your Composite Siding
1. To Recover Your Siding From Weather Elements
Cleaning your siding regularly will ensure that you eliminate the weather elements such as snow, moisture, and even dust. These components contribute to the damaging of your siding and removing them will relieve you the burden of future repairs. Maintaining your siding will ensure that there is no persistent formation of mold and mildew on your siding.
2. To Maintain the Curb Appeal
Cleaning your siding also ensures that it remains attractive, appealing, and new at all times. Moreover, this improves the value of your property and you can sell your house to potential buyers whenever you desire to. You will also love staying in your house even as the years pass by.
3. To Extend the Lifespan of Your Siding
As mentioned earlier, cleaning is one of the ways of preventing damage to your composite siding. Once you clean and maintain your siding perfectly, its durability increases and so does its lifespan. This will also save you the budget of having to repair or replace your siding after some time.
Tips For Cleaning Your Composite Siding
The following tips would be very effective when cleaning your composite siding.
- Be realistic- Before you plan on cleaning, you must choose an appropriate time and know approximately how long it would take you to finish the cleaning. You should also clean one part at a time.
- Begin from the top- Also by being realistic, you should realize that it is better to start the cleaning from the top down to the bottom. This will not only guarantee you easy cleaning but also ensures effective cleaning. Cleaning in this manner also ensures no dripping or runoffs along the bottom areas where you have already cleaned. So, pick up a ladder and begin cleaning from the top after which you will remove the stains at the siding’s bottom.
- Go by the grain- Cleaning in the direction of the grain would be very convenient and it will also prevent the scratching of the panels.
- Do not leave the soap to dry- In case you are cleaning using a detergent or commercial cleaner, ensure that the solution does not dry on the siding panels. Also use a cloth to dry the panels after removing the soap.
- Use gentle hoses- Removing the stains using high-pressure hoses may dent or tear the panels. Therefore it is advisable that you use the low-pressure hose even in the hard-to-reach areas within the panels.
Composite sidings do not require that much attention. So long as you have chosen quality brands like Everlast Composite Siding, you will only have to clean your siding once in a while.