LP® SolidStart® I-Joists
LP® SolidStart® I-Joists are more versatile than open web floor trusses, and more uniform and dimensionally stable than lumber. They can be trimmed on-site, and long lengths allow ceilings and floors to be designed with fewer pieces, saving installation time. Build sturdy, stable floors with wider flanges. Benefits include:
- Quick Installation: Weighs less than traditional lumber.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Long lengths allow ceilings and floors to be designed with fewer pieces.
- Peace of Mind: Less likely to split, shrink, twist, warp or bow.
- Durable Design: Larger nailing area and increased stability.
- Sustainability: Wood sourced through programs certified under the Sustainable Forestry Initiative®.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty: Extensive product line backed by warranties you won’t find with traditional lumber. See complete warranty details for more information.”
Available thickness: 2-1/2″, 3-1/2″
Available depths: 9-1/2″, 11-1/4″, 11-7/8″, 14″, 16″, 18″, 20″, 22″, 24″
Available with solid sawn lumber or LVL flanges
Flanges on LP SolidStart I-Joists are wider than typical flanges
All solid sawn flanges are machine stress rated and proof loaded
Suitable for a variety of applications, including floor and roof framing
Can be cantilevered to accommodate various floor framing details
Can be used as roof rafters; ideal for cathedral ceiling
- AMBRIDGE, PA
- DELANCO, NJ
- EDISON, NJ
- NORTH BERGEN, NJ
- HOLTSVILLE, NY
- PALMER, MA
HOW ITS MADE:
LP® SolidStart® I-Joists feature an advanced design and tough build for superior performance:
- Combines laminated veneer lumber (LVL) or finger-jointed sawn wood flanges with a web of oriented strand board (OSB) to produce an I-shaped structural member.
- Both materials work together to resist deflection, bending stresses and shear.
- LVL and MSR lumber flanges up to 3-1/2˝ wide for greater stability.