FlameTech™ Class-A Rated Fire Retardant Treated Wood Products
PRODUCT DOWNLOADS (click to download)
FlameTech™ Certificate of Treatment (available on request for your job)
FlameTech™ Pressure Treated Lumber & Plywood is a high performance, Class-A Rated, Fire Retardant Treated Wood (FRTW) product that includes a 20-year limited warranty.
Certified and Listed with Accredited Testing Agencies: FlameTech™ has been tested, certified and listed with QAI Laboratories (Listing B-1093-1) and Intertek Laboratories (listing 720035), both of which are prominent, internationally accredited testing agencies.
Building Code Compliant: All FlameTech™ Fire Retardant Treated Wood products meet the requirements for FRTW listed in the ICC AC66 acceptance criteria and as such, are compliant with major building codes. FlameTech™ products are compliant with 2015, 2012 and 2009 International Building Code® (IBC).
Ongoing Independent Third-Party Inspections: Timber Products Inspection (TPI) provides ongoing random follow-up inspections to assure compliance with AWPA standards for fire retardant treatment and the required quality control metrics for fire retardant chemical, physical treating parameters and kiln drying. This monitoring program is in addition to the QAI and Intertek follow-up requirements for listing.
American Wood Protection Association (AWPA) Compliance: FlameTech™ Fire Retardant Treated Wood products comply with AWPA UC-1 and UCFA use category system. FlameTech™ treatment process meets the AWPA T1 standard and FlameTech™ chemical has been analyzed by Timber Products Inspection (TPI) to determine that the chemical components meet AWPA P-50 protocol.
Applications for Use:
- Walls and Wall Assemblies: load-bearing & partition, wall blocking, plywood sheathing and studs
- Roofs & Attics: trusses, plywood sheathing, decking and rafters
- Flooring: subfloors, joists, plywood sheathing, studs and trusses, mezzanine flooring
- Other structural uses: stairways, steps, beams, blocking, and paneling, scaffold planking, millwork, store fixtures
Contact Nathaniel with your Fire Treated inquiries, job quotes or questions:
Nathaniel Bruce • 971-925-8427 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- To assure structural integrity in roof areas of high temperature and humidity, FlameTech™ span and strength design adjustment factors have been determined by independent third parties in accordance with ASTM D 5516 for plywood and ASTM D 5664 for lumber. Extended specifications can be found on page 2 and 3 of the manufacturers guide. Code Compliant FRTW under 2009, 2012 and 2015 IBC Model Building Codes.
- For the species listed (Douglas-Fir, Spruce-Pine-Fir, Southern Yellow Pine Lumber & Douglas-Fir and Souther Yellow Pine Plywood) FlameTech™ FRTW exhibits a flame spread and smoke developed index of 25 or less under ASTM E 84 flame tunnel testing of a 30-minute duration without evidence of significant progression combustion. FlameTech™ has one of the lowest smoke ratings in the industry.
- Quality Control assured by third-party inspection agencies such as QAI, TPI
- Tested for hygroscopicity in accordance with ASTM D 3201, resulting in classification as an interior Type A (HT) fire-retardant wood as defined in AWPA Standards P50, U1, UCFA.
- Protected by a 20-Year Limited Warranty.