D-Blaze® Fire-Retardant Treated Wood (FRTW)
D-Blaze® Fire Retardant Treated Wood (FRTW) is covered by a 50-year limited warranty, and is now GREENGUARD Gold certified for low chemical emissions. Highly effective in controlling the spread of flame and the smoke development caused by fire, D-Blaze FRTW shows no evidence of significant progressive combustion after 30 minutes exposure to flame. D-Blaze is UL® Classified with an FR-S rating for many wood species, for its low smoke development and low flame spread indexes. D-Blaze FRTW has been installed in many notable projects including the new One World Trade Center in NYC, the Sears Tower and Navy Pier in Chicago, and offers a lower in-place cost than many non-combustible materials. Walls and Wall Assemblies: load-bearing & partition, plywood sheathing and studs.
- Roofs & Attics: trusses, plywood sheathing, decks and rafters
- Flooring: subfloors, joists, plywood sheathing, studs and trusses
- Other structural uses: stairways, steps, beams, blocking, and paneling
- To assure structural integrity in roof areas of high temperature and humidity, D-Blaze span and strength design adjustment factors have been determined by independent third parties in accordance with ASTM D 5516 for plywood and ASTM D 5664 for lumber. Extended specifications can be found on the Specs page and at ARCAT.com. Code Compliant FRTW under 2009 and 2012 IRC/IBC Model Building Codes.
- For the species listed in Table 5, D-Blaze FRTW exhibits a flame spread and smoke developed index of 25 or less under ASTM E 84 flame tunnel testing of a 30-minute duration without evidence of significant progression combustion. D-Blaze has one of the lowest smoke ratings in the industry.
- Quality Control assured by third-party inspection agencies such as TP, SPIB and UL.
- Tested for hygroscopicity in accordance with ASTM D 3201, resulting in classification as an interior Type A (HT) fire-retardant wood as defined in AWPA Standards P50, U1, UCFA.
- Protected by a 50-Year Limited Warranty.
- AMBRIDGE, PA
- DELANCO, NJ
- EDISON, NJ
- NORTH BERGEN, NJ
- HOLTSVILLE, NY
- PALMER, MA